What does Home Assist Secure provide?
• Information & referral- Information is available about home maintenance, repairs, minor modifications and home security. Service staff can also assist if necessary with employing tradespeople, contracting experts, or planning future work.
• Home Security – Staff trained by the Queensland Police Service can inspect your home to help you decide on security – related repairs and installations. They can also help you with personal security. This is an independent and unbiased service.
• Subsidised Assistance - Assists people who are unable to obtain alternative assistance with minor home maintenance, repairs, and minor modifications and security, which relate to their personal health, safety and personal security.
Are you eligible for Home Assist Secure?
To be eligible for free information you must be a home owner or live in rented housing and be:
• 60 years of age, or over; or
• of any age with a disability.
In addition to the above, to receive subsidised assistance for work in your home, you need to be:
• receiving Commonwealth Government pension or benefit; and
• unable to make use of alternative forms of assistance, such as Home and Community Care, Department of Veterans’ Affairs, family or friends.
The benefits of Home Assist Secure
Home Assist Secure will help you to:
• make more informed decisions about home maintenance, repairs, modifications and security
• feel safer living at home
• have easier access to, and within your home
• increase your confidence about employing tradespeople; and
• incorporate home security routines into your daily activities
To find out if you are eligible for this program call Communify Home Assist Secure: (07) 3366 3066 or
email has(at) communify.org.au or visit: www.housing.qld.gov.au