Communify coordinates and delivers recreation programs on behalf of community organisations and sponsors with the aim to encourage residents to lead active and healthy lifestyles. These programs offer participants the opportunity to experience a variety of recreational and sporting activities with support and encourage community clubs and organisations to showcase and deliver their activities to the community in partnership with councils.
Recreation Program aims
1. To create a unique social environment and celebration of the community in recreational activities.
2. To increase the involvement of the community in recreational activities.
3. To encourage the ongoing participation in recreational activities.
4. To provide a friendly, safe, supportive and non-competitive environment for the community.
5. To satisfy the need and interests of all the community, including those from marginalised groups in the community (NES, ESL, ATST, women on low income and women with disabilities).
Benefits of Participation
- Socialising and forming new friendships
- Learn new skills
- Experience outdoor adventures
- Extend horizons
- Fun, relaxation and self worth
- Increased awareness of organisation and activity
- Increased participation and membership
- Foster community links
What do we offer?
- Program design
- Strategies to increase participation of marginalised groups, eg. Women
- Inclusion strategies
- Evaluation of program
- Marketing and promotion
For further information, please contact the Recreation Coordinator on 3510 2722
or email recreation(at)communify.com.au