Communify welcomes and values the involvement and support of volunteers. Volunteers are the essence of a vital and dynamic community and provide a unique role in building the community’s capacity and resilience.
This support is a huge factor in the success and delivery of many of Communify’s programs. Resources provided by volunteers enhance and extend our service provision to clients and the community.
Volunteering is a very rewarding way to give something back to the community and to know you are making a difference.
Benefits of volunteering
Whether it is important to you to solve a community problem, advance a worthy cause or to develop as a person, volunteering offers many benefits in appreciation for the gift of your time and expertise.
- is a great way to make new friends and contacts
- creates opportunities for strengthening connections and forming closer ties within your community
- keeps you mentally and physically active
- will provide you with useful work experience and skills
- provides you with an opportunity to feel needed and valued
- gives you the chance to make a difference
- in someone’s life
- can be a way of exploring an area of interest
Opportunities for volunteering
Communify offers a range of volunteering opportunities across a broad range of interest areas.
You may be interested in:
- working directly with clients assisting them with shopping, transport, or providing companionship
- assisting in our childcare or parenting resource services
- volunteering in our food relief pantry
- assisting our administration team
- joining our management committee
- supporting group activities
- assisting with fundraising ventures
- sharing your skills through our community education program, on various committees or with specialised skills, ie. budgeting, handyman, computer, tax help.
How else can you be a supporter?
We value the support of the community and local businesses. You can also offer support to Communify by:
- becoming a member
- making a financial contribution
- supporting us with our fundraising ventures
- giving your time and expertise in organisational or project support
- making a bequest as part of your will
For more information
For further information or to discuss your volunteer interests please contact us on 3510 2700 or email info(at)communify.org.au